Tools and Hardware
- Chainsaw: Conquering a tree with a chainsaw.
- Hydraulic cylinder: When it comes to many tasks -- including splitting wood -- there's nothing quite like the power and majesty of a hydraulic cylinder.
- Leaf blower: Remove snow from your walkway with a leaf blower? It will work -- after a fashion.
- Leaf rakes: Need a new leaf rake? There's more to purchasing one than you might think. Here are the differences and how to find the right one.
- Pressure washers: Clean siding, sidewalks, pavers and outdoor furniture with a pressure washer. Here are some things you need to know about using one.
- Snow shovel/snowblower race: Which can clear the driveway faster -- a snow shovel or a snowblower? The race is on! Learn the surprising results!
- Snow shovels: Need a new snow shovel? There's more to purchasing one than you might think. Here are the differences and how to find the right one.
- Outdoor spotlights: Remove and replace burned-out spotlights -- especially those high up on the house -- with this special tool.
- Hand saws: They're easy to use, and it's easy to cut yourself with one. Follow these safety tips.
- Miter saws: Is the motor frozen? Likely not. An inexpensive rubber belt could fix the problem and save you the cost of a new saw.
- Must-have tools: Zip ties? A rafter angle square? What's on your list of must-have tools? Here are some unusual, handy uses for these tools -- with instructions. Also on the list is silicone caulk and "snake whips."
- Nails: Sort nails? Are you kidding? Here's how to focus your attention on keeping nails in their proper places.
- No power tools: Build a natural trellis from thick, sturdy, artistically formed sassafras limbs -- no power tools necessary!
- Organizing your workshop: Organizing your workshop -- the tale of the misplaced rubber mallet.