Yard and Garden
Moles: Are maddening moles tearing up your yard? Let them choke on chewing gum, run from repellent, find a famine, get a noose around their necks or skedaddle to the neighbor's newly installed lawn. Get rid of moles once and for all.
Charcoal chimney starter, Part 1: Start your charcoal for outdoor cooking quickly -- even in the dead of winter -- with this charcoal chimney starter.
Charcoal chimney starter, Part 2: Here's how it works and how to use it.
Fix your grill's igniter. If the igniter or electronic ignition on your grill isn't working, chances are you do NOT need a new igniter or a new grill. Here's a simple fix that's frequently not mentioned in the owner's manual.
Winter mowing: Mow the lawn in January? In Michigan? No kidding! You'll have to see it to believe it!
Lawnmower tuneup: Give your lawnmower a complete tuneup. You'll save yourself money and help keep your lawn and mower healthy!
- Part 1: Make sure your lawnmower blade stays sharp. A dull blade will tear the grass and leave it exposed to disease.
- Part 2: If your lawnmower has a four-cycle engine, you'll need to change the oil regularly. If you don't, you could end up changing your lawnmower regularly!
- Part 3: Changing the air filter will help keep your mower operating at peak efficiency. It's good for the engine and good for the environment.
- Part 4: Don't forget to lubricate your mower's moving parts. It's a simple but often overlooked task.
- Part 5: Change the spark plug on your lawnmower in seconds using a spark plug socket wrench and a spark plug gap gauge.
Pella Sliding Patio Door Screen: Do you find the written instructions a bit confusing? See step by step how to easily install your Pella sliding door screen (Rolscreen).
Pella Sliding Patio Door Screen Latch: Sooner or later, this little plastic latch on your Pella sliding door screen will break. When it does, are you prepared to shell out $50 or more for a new one? Make this replacement yourself from a mirror clip for just a couple of bucks.
UNDERGROUND SPRINKLING SYSTEMS
Winterizing your sprinkling system: If you have a self-draining underground sprinkling system, get it ready for winter -- easily -- yourself. (This video is NOT for underground sprinkling systems that must be "blown out" with compressed air. Consult your owner's manual for the type of system you have and for complete instructions.)
Snowblower: Change the oil in your snowblower (4-cycle engines). It's less complicated than it looks, but you may need to use a little ingenuity.