Select a topic below to view the related articles:
- Exhaust fan: Performing regular maintenance on your bathroom exhaust fan could help prevent a fire and will keep moisture removal at peak efficiency.
- Electronic matching game: Looking for a unique Christmas or birthday gift for a child? Make this clever electronic matching game using a few simple materials from around the house.
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs: CFLs can be hazardous to your health if they break. The Environmental Protection Agency recommends you take these steps.
- More on compact fluorescent light bulbs: There's danger in those CFLs. Don't simply toss them in the trash. Dispose of them properly and responsibly.
- Light bulb efficiency law: In 2012, under federal light bulb efficiency standards, 100-watt light bulbs are being phased out. Here are your options.
- More on the light bulb efficiency law: It's not just a matter of saving energy, it's a health and safety issue.
- Outdoor spotlights: Remove and replace burned-out spotlights -- especially those high up on the house -- with this special tool.
- Sockets: What to do about a burned-out light bulb socket.
- Well pump pressure switch: The switch that regulates the on-off cycles of your water well should be inspected and changed regularly.