Select a topic below to view the related articles:
- Freezers: Leaking freezer? Here's what to look for -- although it's very possible someone just left the door ajar.
- Furnace filters: How to clean and maintain an electrostatic furnace filter.
- More on furnace filters: It's important to change that furnace filter regularly. Here's why, and here are the pros and cons of different types of filters.
- Water heater: Need a new water heater, or not? Here's how to tell, and here's what to look for when you purchase a new one.
- Dishwasher: If your dishwasher won't clean, the problem could be the soap dispenser or the chopper assembly.
- Freezer: Leaking freezer? Here's what to look for -- although it's very possible someone just left the door ajar.
- Garbage disposer: Replacing a broken switch on a garbage disposer.
- Microwave: If the microwave doesn't work, here's what could be wrong with it. But more likely than not, you'll need to replace the microwave.
- Refrigerator: Regular maintenance will help your refrigerator last. And it may just be worth it to purchase that extended warranty.
- More on refrigerators: If your refrigerator stops working, the problem could be a faulty door switch. On some models, it not only controls the light, but the refrigerator's temperature as well.
- Stove: Gas stove won't light? Here's what to look for.
- Toaster: Can you really repair a broken toaster? Perhaps. But then, is it really worth it?
- Dryer: If your dryer is making a terrible rumbling sound, it could be the blower wheel.
- More on dryers: If your dyer squeals loudly, the problem could be a drum roller. Replacing a drum roller and the drum seals.
- Cleaners: It doesn't need to "smell clean" to be clean. Make your own inexpensive household cleaners -- stain remover, heavy-duty glass cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, all-purpose cleaner, and heavy-duty glass and appliance cleaner.